August 01, 2014

Knitted Flower Bookmark

Knitted Flower
Knitted bookmark with link to pattern

During last week I felt melancholic and I felt like knitting :-)

I was thinking about the difference between crocheting and knitting for me personally. These crafts are so similar and different at the same time.

And I was finally able to verbalize it: knitting is a much slower process, more personal, whimsical, an act of meditation and relaxation. Crocheting in my personal world is much more energetic, faster, straightforward, optimistic.

So maybe that is why I like to crochet with optimistic cotton and knit with whimsical wool? :-) I also found myself choosing the colors accordingly to the above attributes.

To make the long story short, here is my last week's project - melancholic and whimsical flower bookmark.

Flower bookmark

The clematis flower pattern comes from the book "100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet". This pattern is also available online for free here.

I used Knit Picks Palette yarn for this project (which is 100% wool in fingering weight), and a pair of double pointed 2.75 mm needles.
I knitted the stem using the i-cord technique.

Knitters and crocheters out there: I would love to know you thoughts about the difference between knitting and crocheting :-)

Happy knitting and crocheting!
Lili
Knitted flower

 - Please do not republish my photos as your own. If you blog about my projects, please include an active link to my blog.-





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bookmark! The flower is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...