September 24, 2014

Baby Knits: Booties and Hat

Knitted baby pixie hat
Knitted baby hat and crochet blanket squares
A friend of mine is expecting a baby girl in December, so I am busy knitting all kinds of pretty baby garments: a crochet baby blanket (I posted about it earlier and it's almost finished! Can't wait to show you the finished blanket), baby booties and baby hat.

Knitted baby booties


Knitted baby booties

Knitted baby booties

Knitted baby booties


I made all the pieces with Caron Simply Soft which is 100% soft acrylic and is not scratchy or allergy causing. But I found the booties not to be warm enough for winter, so I made an extra pair out of 100% wool from Knit Picks (and they are super warm and cozy).

Knitting for babies

 For the hat I did not use any particular pattern, but I found these two free patterns online that are similar: this Golden Pear Hat from Viridian Hue and this Pixie Love Hat Pattern by PWA Knits. I seem always to be modifying patterns that I use, so I started with the Pixie Love pattern (but I started with 56 instead of 70, as I felt 56 will make a perfect new baby size hat).
Baby pixie hat


I started with a ribbing instead of stockinette stitch. I did not want my hat to be too pointy, so I made the k2t parts in every row at the top of the hat instead of every third row.
Baby pixie hat


As for booties I used this free pattern from Yarnspirations as a guideline, again with some light modifications.

Baby booties free pattern

That is it for knitting news for today.

As for blogging news: I am expanding my social media activity and have recently joined Instagram. I find it very fun to be there. I post pictures of my projects in progress there and I would love to see yours! Please follow me on Instagram at #mango_tree_crafts. I am going to put an Instagram button at the top of my blog too.

Have a great week!
Lili

Knitted baby pixie hat

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely square. Thank you for your nice commments.
    I will put your blog on my list, loved it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crocheted lovelies! Everything you made is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...